Friday, July 27, 2007

End of Week 1

Well, I’m finishing up my first week here at Cabrini Connections; it has been very interesting to say the least. There is a wealth of information on our website to read through. I plan to encourage everyone I meet to take the time to go online and check it out.
Earlier in the week my boss Dan and I went to an Alderman meeting in Ward 7 and met with Alderwoman Sandi Jackson to discuss our program and our overarching goals of providing information to the public on how to broaden avenues of mentoring and tutoring throughout the city. I was surprised and happy to find the alderwoman so interested in what my boss had to say that she asked him to speak on the panel impromptu.
My boss ever the stalwart champion for his cause took the opportunity and ran with it. His goal of reaching, teaching and learning from as many non-profits, parents, teachers, mentors and kids as he can in this city has now become mine.
We have systems and applications in place that seem to try and cover all possibilities in regard to providing user information; SVATS, White Boards, Program Locators, Strategy Maps, and all sorts of other information resources. I’ve met all the staff; Ana, Nicole and Toni and some of the volunteers; Rebecca (video club) and Shannyn and Jen (writing club) and even some students. I believe I’m off to a good start.

No comments: